dimanche 31 octobre 2010

Media Meditation #4: Champlain Student Becomes Indie Icon



Phantogram- Mouthfull of Diamonds Live at "The Cellar Door" Visalia, Ca 2010
Recorded and edited in HD by Sean Robinson

Nicole, who I have mentioned before in one of my older posts, has introduced me to some more new music and upon further research I have found that she is a Champlain College Alumi. Her name is Sarah Barthel and she is part of the new indie duo Phantogram along with guitarist Josh Carter. The band just released their debut album called Eyelid Movies and every track is different. I love the album because it is truly like nothing else I own in my music library. The album was produced Barsuk Records.

The artists have been featured in Spin magazine and on Pitchfork. Both has said very nice things about the band. I really want to see them live. I posted the live video first because they look as thought they do a really good job on stage. Here is an interview with them at Red Square.



Photo by Suzi Pratt

1 commentaire:

  1. Excellent Phantagram blogging, Kurt.

    Cool sound - I gotta check 'em out live!

    Dr. W

    RépondreSupprimer